NOTICE: This is a Release, Assumption of Risk, Indemnity, and Waiver of Liability (hereinafter referred to as “RELEASE”). This RELEASE is intended to be a legally binding document and when signed has legal consequence for the signor and any minor children (“dependent”) identified below. Please read this carefully before signing.
EACH Kensington Park Civic Association, Inc. Special Event participant is required to sign and submit this RELEASE. If the participant is a dependent (i.e. a minor child), then a legal guardian of the dependent must sign and submit a separate RELEASE on behalf of each dependent.
By Submitting or Signing this RELEASE, for a Kensington Park Civic Association, Inc. Special Event:
1. I agree to ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY and ALL RISK, damage, illness, exposure, or injury including death, that may occur to me and/ or my dependent(s) in connection with participating in a Special Event.
2. I acknowledge and understand that an INHERENT RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are or were present. By participating in a Special Event, I , my dependent(s), and I on behalf of my dependents(s), VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS related to exposure to COVID -19 and agree not to hold Kensington Park Civic Association, Inc. or any of its past, present or future affiliates, Directors or Officers, agents, contractors or volunteers liable for any illness, injury, loss or death.
3. In consideration of being permitted to participate in Kensington Park Civic Association, Inc. Special Events I, FOR MYSELF, AND MY DEPENDENT(S), as well as my, dependent's, personal representatives, executors, administrators, heirs and successors hereby:
a. FOREVER RELEASE, waive, discharge Kensington Park Civic Association, Inc. and/or its past, present, and future, representatives, Officers, Directors, volunteers, agents, successors and sponsors (referred herein as “RELEASES”), from ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, claims or damages that may be sustained by me and/or my dependent(s), arising out of or relating to my or my dependent(s) participation in the Special Event, including, without limitation, claims for personal or bodily injury, property damage, economic and non-economic losses, or any other loss, illness, or damage of whatever type and degree, on account of exposure, illness, or injury to the the person or property or resulting in death, whether caused by negligence of
RELEASE, or otherwise, while participating in a Special Event.
b. FOREVER WAIVE THE RIGHT TO SUE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASES for any alleged negligence, other cause of action , or otherwise, in relation to my, and my dependent(s), participation, in the Special Event.
FOREVER AGREE to defend and indemnify RELEASES for and claims, injuries, or damages of any kind or nature, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees, asserted against RELEASES by third party that arise from or related to my or my dependent(s) participation in the Special Event.
4. I grant RELEASES the right to capture and use, for whatever purpose(s), any audio recording, still photography, motion pictures, likeness, or video footage of myself and my dependent(s), obtained in connection with the Special Event, without any remuneration or further notice or permission.
5. I have read this RELEASE and fully understand its terms, and understand that I have given up substantial rights to bring suit against the RELEASE by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance or any nature, intending it to be complete and unconditional RELEASE of any and all liability and claims to the greatest extent allowed.
6. The undersigned affirms that he or she is at least 18 years old, has authority to execute this release, has read, understands, and agrees to the terms contained herein, and hereby knowingly, freely, and voluntarily signs this RELEASE.